Attorney at Law and Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
- AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Labor and Employment Law
- Cybersecurity Law
- Data Protection & Privacy Law
- IT- and Internet Law
Árpád Geréd studied in Vienna and Namur, Belgium, with a focus on the interface between information technology and law. During his advanced degree program in Belgium, he studied law, economics, and computer science at the DGTIC (Droit et Gestion des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication).
In 2012, he co-founded MGLP Attorneys-at-lawafter having served as in-house counsel to a leading international company in the ICT industry and working as a partner at a renowned business law firm in Vienna.
With a passion for information technology, Árpád Geréd has specialized in consulting for and negotiating of digitalization-, software-, and technology-related deals, including aspects concerning labor and employment law, with a strong focus on cloud computing, cybersecurity, and data protection. Furthermore, he is an accredited auditor to StarAudit, specialized in software as a service, an accredited privacy expert (CIPP/E) as well as a lecturer in the master’s program “Cloud Computing Engineering” at the Burgenland University of Applied Sciences. “Who’s Who Legal” lists him as an expert for cybersecurity, data privacy & protection as well as IT.
- Vienna Bar Association – member
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) – former President of the Commission for Intellectual Property, Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (IP/TMT) (2017–2020); member of the Labour Law Commission
- Computer Measurement Group Austria and Eastern Europe (CMG-AE) – head of the working group “ICT Law”
- Vienna Center for Legal Informatics (WZRI) – member of the Court of Arbitration
- International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw) – member