Attorney at Law and Partner
AREAS OF PRACTICE
· Contract Law
· Cybersecurity Law
· Data Protection & Privacy Law
· IT- and Internet Law
· Labor and Employment Law
Árpád Geréd studied in Vienna and Namur, Belgium, with a focus on information technology and law. In Belgium he took advanced studies in law, economic and informatics at the DGTIC (Droit et Gestion des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication). After finishing his studies he worked as an associate in Vienna before becoming partner of a renowned Viennese business law firm in 2009.
In 2012 he and his partners founded Maybach Görg Lenneis & Partner.
In his practice as a lawyer Árpád Geréd focuses on the support of businesses in the fields of IT- and technology as well as of businesses from Eastern Europe, especially from Romania and Hungary. Beyond that he is a member of the board of the Vienna Centre for Legal Informatics, EuroCloud.Austria and the Computer Measurement Group - Austria & Eastern Europe. In the latter two he is also head of the respective Working Group Law.
· Bar of Vienna – Member
· International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) – President of the Intellectual Property, Technology, Media and Telecommunications Commission (IP/TMT); Member of the Labor and Employment Law Commission
· Computer Measurement Group Austria and Eastern Europe (CMG-AE) – Member of the Board, Head of the Working Group "ICT-Law", Co-Head of the Working Group “Security”
· Vienna Centre for Legal Informatics (WZRI) – Member of the Court of Arbitration
· EuroCloud.Austria – Head of the Working Group Cloud Law
· International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw) – Member